Update January 13th 2021
COVID – 19 How we are managing our services
Please do not attend for your scan appointment if you, or any members of your household are self-isolating or showing any symptoms of Covid-19, such as a new / continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste / smell.
The primary purpose of attending for a scan are the health and wellbeing of mum and baby. Scans are to provide additional reassurance to compliment your NHS scan.
We are able to provide ancillary services, such as to confirm gender or provide 4D imaging if your baby is lying in a good position at the time of the scan.
Current RCOG COVID-19 guidance advises that there are marginally higher risks associated with exposure to COVID-19 during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy (after 28 weeks) therefore please do be aware of this before deciding on your current need to book a scan.
Safety both to our staff and clients has to be paramount. We are following all government advice and have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure we comply with all regulations.
Staff have all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). There is a robust cleaning system in place for all areas of the studio.
Attending for your scan
Please arrive at the schedule dime for your appointment
- When you arrive please wait outside the studio in the foyer area and you will be invited in, as we are limiting couples inside the studio.
- You will be asked to complete a registration form and invited into the studio once it is safe, so, social distancing can be maintained. A mask or face covering must be worn unless medically exempt.
- There is hand sanitiser outside the studio and once you are at the reception desk and we request that all clients and partners sanitise their hands when entering and leaving the studio.
- The wearing of a face covering is mandatory at all times within the studio, unless exempt for medical reasons.
- You are only permitted to bring one guest who must be from the same household or support bubble and strictly no children. Sorry as we know it's an exciting time, however safety must be our main priority.
Our sonographers are NHS trained and qualified and safety will always be our main priority.
If you have any queries about attending for a scan, please e-mail us
My Baby Scan Burscough were delighted to have appeared on the latest series of MTV Teen Mom UK, where we did some of the scans.
** Important information - COVID-19 **
My Baby Scan Burscough strive to provide a clean, safe environment for our clients and staff.
With the concerns regarding Covid-19, we want to highlight our rigorous commitment to safety and the high standards of cleanliness we always maintain. Our staff always ensure that the scan room and reception / waiting areas and surfaces are sanitised to the highest level possible on a regular basis throughout the day. The scanning couch and ultrasound probe are sanitised following each scan.
We are now introducing extended time between clients to ensure the minimum number of clients and partners are in the waiting area at any one time.
Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities are readily available and we request that these are used by everybody attending the studio.
NHS England have advised that you ensure yourself fit and well before attending your appointment and that only ONE person accompany you for your scan appointment.
The latest NHS advice is available at;
Arrange an appointment via our online booking system, or if you can't find a time to suit you, then please contact us as we can scan outside normal working hours depending upon sonographer availability.
Alternatively you can phone us or message via Facebook, we want you to book your scan when the time is right for you.